Sunday, March 24, 2013

Carrots! And Stuff!

This month's challenge is carrots. I love carrots. They're versatile and can pretty much be added into any dish.

Carrots works fantastic for me, because I am trying a new Lunch Thing.
It's only new to me, there are a gazillion recipe examples online. And I encourage you to try it!

To find any of those recipes just look up Salad in a Jar.

I only took two pictures of this recipe. Mostly because it's so damn simple.


Step one: Identify what you want on your salad.
Step two: Procure/prepare those things.
Step three: Sort those things by lettuce and Wet Things.

I built four salads in a jar to take with me for lunches for the next week. And every one has...Carrots!

Here is one in the preparation stage.

I said this was easy. But I didn't say it's not messy. Mess. Y.


And here they are done! They look so beautiful! Each one is different. I'm taking extra lettuce with me tomorrow because I didn't feel like I got enough lettuce to make a true salad.

Four little piggies went to the market. Or something like that. I had a terrible childhood.

I have cooked so many things today. I made homemade protein bars. And lunch. And dinner. I am tired of cooking!

For lunch I had an awesome shake. I usually don't like protein shakes. they always taste powdery to me. But this one is 2 cups of kefir/siggi/yogurt/milk and two chopped bananas. Add a tsp of ground allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg. Add some ice if you like it super cold.
Blend. Enjoy. It's amazing! And I was full for hours.
It tasted like eggnog and pumpkin pie combined. I might try to add some pumpkin into it tomorrow morning.

Now it's time to watch Walking Dead, light a fire, and have some warm tea.





No comments:

Post a Comment